Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Go back to Yalaha for bread - Check!


There is a fantastic German bakery in Lake County that is my new happy place. While every day the Yalaha Bakery has delicious breads, desserts, and a deli, on Saturdays it becomes extra special, with live music outside from 11am-2pm and a person serving brats, drinks, sauerkraut, and other goodies patio-side. We discovered it almost a year ago, as we went blueberry picking at the u-pick farm and farmers' market next door, but we were too hot and tired to stay for the festivities. We swore to come back, but time got away from us until this past weekend. Hopefully it won't take a year until next time!

In honor of Poetry Month, I've written haiku honoring a few of my favorite things about it.

Voice and string mingle,
Songs I knew...know. Heart music
Dances in the wind.

Wall fresco, scenic
Idyllic German meadow.
Memories flow free.


Bread and cake I love;
Here it just melts on the tongue.
My stomach says thanks.

Rest, relaxation,
Responsibility gone.
Breathe. Mind wanders. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment