Sunday, March 20, 2011

Go to PomPom's at 3am - Check!


If you have ever been to PomPom's for lunch and thought, "Wow! This is packed!", then you have never seen PomPom's at 3am!!

(What is PomPom's, you ask? Why, only Orlando's best place for sandwiches! Check it out here.)


I went for the first time for lunch a few years ago, and had the best sandwich I have ever had. It seems like just another storefront from the outside, but on the inside it is bursting with artistic and culinary flavor. I never thought I would like a sandwich with no meat, but their vegetarian sandwich is the only food I crave on a regular basis (though I get it far less than I would like). They have a great selection of teas, and something for every taste.

I have always been intrigued by the fact that they are open regular hours on weekdays, but on weekends they open Friday morning at 11am and don't close until 6pm on Sunday. I wanted to experience the 3am, thinking it would be quiet. Ha! Wrong.


The place was an organized frenzy. People of all manner, creeds, groups, walks, races, types...you name it...packed the place out. And every single one fit in (metaphorically and physically). In a room that didn't seem to be big enough to hold a big dinner party. But there was no traffic jam and no angry customers; people patiently waited in a line that, though it went to the door, moved very quickly. The people behind the counter moved with lightning speed - seriously, I have never seen anything like it - and despite all the craziness, they were very pleasant. Everyone in the place seemed to be happy, nice, and having a good time. Well, except for the girl crying outside, but she seemed to have some good support.

We didn't stay long, as we had to be up early, but instead got our tea and headed home. In the door at 2:55am and out by 3:05am. We were up anyway...Matt was working on a video for a friend and I was trying to catch up on things...so it was an easy, quick trip. I was going to make a comment on how going into my 30s I probably wouldn't be staying up this late anymore, but whenever we do have kids I know that I will see far more 3ams than I like to believe. And I can bet there will be more PomPom's in that future.

No comments:

Post a Comment