Sunday, January 23, 2011

Zelda


Of all of the video games I have played, I have enjoyed playing the various iterations of Legend of Zelda the most. And yet I have yet to finish a single one. I played the original one, but never beat the end castle. I played Majora's Mask with one of my best friends and then-roommate Christy, but we only got about 2/3 through before we moved, and we haven't played much since then. I played WindWaker with Matt, but we stopped playing for awhile and forgot the tasks we were on, so moved on to the next version. I played Twilight Princess with Matt and then also Grant, but we stopped about 2/3 through.

This is not to imply that I have never beaten a video game; I have - many of the Mario games, Pit Fall (which, incidentally, just repeats if you beat it; boring), The New Tetris (yes, you can beat Tetris, at least that one), two Gauntlets (awesome, but pretty quick), I helped finish a Halo game, usw. But, for those that really count for me, I have just fallen short. And I've heard the Zelda games have the best endings. So, before I turn 30, I want to finally finish one.

To take that step toward video game domination (and because he's awesome), we had Grant over this weekend and the three of us took on the next "castle" in Twilight Princess (each "castle" takes about four hours, and there are tasks in between, so the game has to be done in stages). This weekend we conquered the Arbitor's Grounds, which introduced a new weapon/tool for Link (the hero), one more awesome than any before...the spinner. It allows you to cross harsh ground and climb walls like never before.


With the flu going around like crazy, two of us were naturally suffering from sore throats, and the other is just getting over a cold. So there were lots of hot tea and ice cream to be had.


Some footage for you...

Oh, did I mention I'm kind of a nerd?

2 comments:

  1. You?! Nerd?!!! NEVER!!! :) I'm not far behind!

    Love that your blogging about your adventure - hope you keep it going after July 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we can be nerds together. :) and, thanks!! I might just do that. :)

    ReplyDelete