Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bouncy Ball Race - Check!

When creating this list, one of the things suggested was a bouncy ball race, paying homage to the tv series Friends. In Season 7, Phoebe completes her list of things to do before she turns 30 by going a mile on a Hippity Hop (she later finds out she is actually turning 31, which I know I am not...though I did turn 28 twice). As Friends was a happy part of my current 30 years, it easily made the list. And, last week, one of my fabulous coworkers/friends came in with two bouncy balls so we could complete the task!


She got me the Marvel Superhero Squad - as my husband is a superhero - and she got herself the Disney Princess - as she is a princess. One of the things I did NOT realize when adding this task to the list was the price of bouncy balls...they run in the mid-twenties. Who knew this task would be so expensive!! But Jen had found these at Ross at a most affordable rate (thanks, Jen! Always looking out for me). Just one thing...


They were the infant size, just barely bigger than the size of my foot. Which only served to make it awesomer.

Friday just after 6pm we decided the time had come. We valiantly did our best to get warmed up for our big race and, after some squealing and some almost broken ankles, we began.


We had wanted to do it outside, but a day or so of stormy weather made that a no-go. So we ended up indoors in a cramped hallway. Needless to say, it was not a pretty race - Jen almost lost a toe, I was being weird about it, there was much falling, we restarted a few times, etc. - but it was indeed a race, a fun race, with a start and a finish. A winner, you ask? We were both winners for finding our inner child.


I have a feeling there will be a rematch soon, with our coworkers involved and more favorable conditions. Will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment